JUAC Contract Status
- Due to COVID-19 and the inability to meet in person to bargain a new contract last spring, a decision was made to extend the 2016-2020 contract for one year, to August , 2021. This extension included a salary increase for the 2020-21 academic year. Details were sent to the personal emails on file for all dues-paying members in June, 2020, and the Memo of Understanding is posted on the Documents page of this website.
- We began virtual bargaining in April of 2021, have have met several times through May and June, and have dates set for July and August. We are making steady progress, but will most likely not be done until sometime during the fall semester. The current contract will remain in force until the new one is settled, and any salary increases will be retroactive to August 2021. Union members will be updated via personal email when we have a tentative agreement.
- Bargaining team is composed of Laurel Dieskow (President, Natural Sciences), Gary Schirmer (Vice President, Fine Arts), Larry Lahm (Membership Secretary, Math), Marilyn Berrill (Math Dept. Rep.), Kathi Ruge (DAEL Dept. Rep.) and Christy Hagemaster (IEA Uniserv Director).
JUAC Executive Board Meetings
- Executive Board meetings are held monthly during the fall and spring semesters. All will be virtual via Zoom until further notice.
- Any member is welcome to attend board meetings, so please feel free to contact us for an invitation if you would like to attend.
Fall Membership Event
- Sometime in the fall semester we will be having a special event for members. Plans are not yet definite, but we will get the information out to all as soon as something is set.